Monday, December 22, 2008

Homemade noodles

My mom makes some of THE best homemade noodles. And I was lucky enough to have her teach me how to make them several years ago. Tonight I took dinner to a friend that has three young children and is pregnant with baby #4, and I made chicken and HOMEMADE noodles! I haven't made them in awhile, so it actually took me two tries....luckily I started the process on Saturday, so I had plenty of time to make two batches before tonight! I don't think mine are as good as my mom's, but maybe I'll get closer as the years go by. And since I have this cool new flash for my camera, I documented the process with photos...

The noodles rolled out to dry
(this is the first batch...notice I had some trouble getting them unstuck from the counter, which is why there are several pieces)


This is the second batch (much better than the first)...all cut up and drying some more!



And finally....cooking the chicken and noodles!




And of course....more pictures of the dogs....



I just love it when dogs blink in pictures...cracks me up!



Sadie is sooooooo tired of that camera in her face! But she sits so well for me!

No comments: