Monday, May 4, 2009

The garden has been planted!

Well....most of it, anyway. We just got back from a weekend trip to Birmingham to visit my sister, and I threw some laundry in the washer and hopped in the car to Menards to buy some garden plants. I bought three tomato plants (Early Girl, Celebrity, and Cherry), jalapeno, eggplant, orange bell pepper, and snow peas. It's our first try at snow peas this year. I bought a cute little tower for them. :) I still have enough room for 2-4 more plants, depending on what type of veggies I pick out. Sean has requested chives, but I've heard those can take over a garden, so we'll grow those in container on the patio. Once I get the rest planted, I'll be sure to blog some pictures.

Sorry about being a bad blogger...it's been a whirlwind around the Schick house lately, and the only thing I can think of to blame that on is my new job. What happened to only working 40 hours a week?!

I need to wrap up this post and change out the laundry. Adios!

No comments: