Sean and I took the two dogs to the vet today. On the way there in our Escape, the dogs were enjoying the car ride with their heads both out of the back passenger side window. All of the sudden, out the corner of my eye, I see Jada fall out of the car. I yelled, Sean slammed on the brakes, and I was out of the car before he even knew what the heck happened. Luckily, Jada was on the side on the road in the grass (standing), and not playing in traffic (it was a busy street). She cowered and didn't know if she should run from me or lay down. I talked nice and got a hold of her. My heart rate had to have been close to 200, and I was shaking like a leaf. We get her back in the car, all while traffic is backed up. She managed to jump from our car traveling around 30 MPH and escape it all with just a few scrapes and bruises. Luckily we were already on the way to the vet! She was checked out thoroughly, and somehow - she's ok! God must had slid an invisible pillow under her right before she hit the ground. :)
We were baffled at how this could happen - it's not like this is her first car ride! My theory is that she was in competition with Sadie to see who could get their head out the farthest, and Jada took it just a tad bit too far. Seriously, she competes during walks - making sure she is just slightly ahead of Sadie.
I've been complaining an awful lot about our dogs lately (can you blame me?!?!). I think this was God's lesson to show me that I really do love them and would be sad if they were gone.
Another lesson learned - the windows can only go down 4 inches or less when the dogs are in tow. :)
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe she is okay! Praise God she is okay....that is just amazing.
OH MY GOSH! I am so glad she is okay.
Post a Comment