Thursday, June 26, 2008

Blackhawk

Just a quick post tonight! Our neighbor two houses down is in the military and he's a Blackhawk pilot. Sometimes when he's been gone for awhile, he'll fly in low behind our houses to let his family know that he's on his way home. I was in the backyard with the dogs tonight, and I had my camera with me trying to get a good picture of Jada hunting the lightning bugs. (No such luck with that, by the way...) Tonight was a night when our neighbor was flying by, and I tried my hardest to get a good picture. But, being that it's evening light, and I don't know enough about my camera or my lenses, I didn't get the greatest picture. But here's what I got...

Before we moved in, our neighbor was stationed in Iraq. When he came home, he actually landed in the school yard behind our house. How's that for an awesome homecoming?!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari!!

I love your blog! It's so fun to read what you guys are up to. Your camera sounds awesome. It will be so great when you know what all those buttons mean. We've been looking for cameras too... it can be very overwhelming can't it?! We ended up with something I hope that isn't too difficult to use. I wish so badly we had an Ozarks trip to look forward to this summer. That was so great. Maybe we can get something going for next year! Thanks for this link... I will be checking up on the lives and times of the Schicks regularly! Take care and love to you both:)

Macy