Thursday, January 15, 2009

Recycling

My New Year's resolution this year was to start recycling in our home. The reason we haven't recycled in the past is pure laziness - the Town of Normal doesn't do curbside recycling like the City of Bloomington. But, now that I've matured with my recent milestone birthday, I've realized that it is important for the Earth and our well-being to recycle as much as possible, even if that means I have to take tubs of recyclables to our nearest recycling center. I'm happy to report that I've been a recycling maniac for the past three weeks - I actually think it's kind of fun! I stalk our trash cans to make sure Sean hasn't thrown away something that can be recycled. And the best part - we have only ONE and a half bags of trash this week (the half being the bathroom trash)! Before recycling, we'd have around 4-6 bags of trash - for TWO people - for ONE week. Ridiculous.

So, if you haven't started recycling in your home - START NOW!

2 comments:

Leisa said...

good job PJ!!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!